mercredi 22 août 2012

Aug 20 Sendai and the tsunami

Riding along the coast close from Sendai and this is hard
The plain that was once a vacation area with lots of houses , developments , beaches and resort is now a big nothing.
Trying to reach the sea-shore , as most of the roads which goes in this direction are closed , I stop by a destroyed petrol station , and a building closed by, then a school with hundreds and hundreds of crashed motorcycles
Again, on the area, this is kilometers and kilometers of only concrete slabs, as nothing more than 10 cm high is still there.
A tombstone - stone statues, each one representing one lost person, wears a red clothes, and there are adults and very small childrens represented here , in the middle of nothing.
Another tomb where I see car toys and teddy bears makes me cry.
A couple stop over and pray
This is terrible
By the sea all seems so quiet,
When meeting up with my friends by the road, none of us can say any word or comment.

Follows a long day of riding in slow traffic , even on country roads, still over 35 degrees celsius with 90% humidity that makes the air thick like hell.
We have the intention to reach Nikko, a city with famous temples, but unfortunately we reach the town by night and struggle to find a place to sleep.
First hotel where the management and the employees are absolutely unfriendly and grumpy - this is a japanese-style hotel with tatami and the price is again surrealist taking in account what we get for the money (3 x 70 euros ) , a simple square room with 3 bad beds ..
Tomorrow , I ll have to split up with my friends as I have to ride to Tokyo now, to pack the bike before leaving, I be my Air france flight ticket for the 25 and my friends have until early September
It was a hard day

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire